(Second Selection Process 2018 – 2020)
- University of Mannheim Business School – Mannheim, Germany
- HHL – Leipzig Graduate School of Management – Leipzig, Germany
- Audencia Business School – Nantes, France
- IESEG School of Management – Lille/Paris, France
- emlyon business school – Lyon, France
- Grenoble Ecole de Management- Grenoble, France
Double Degree Schedule
IMBA year: 2018-2019
Exchange at partner school year: Fall 2019-2020 (completion depending on the partner school)
5pm, Feb. 22, 2019 (strictly implemented), at the Program Manager in room 050406 (Yi-Xian Building Room 406)
1. Study in IMBA
Application (Feb. 2019):
To be qualified to apply for a dual-degree program, you need to be 2018-entered IMBA students who enrolled in your first year study of IMBA 2018 Fall semester and 2019 Spring semester at the time of application.
- Because of the international focus of the Dual Degree program, students who come from the country of the partner school are not eligible for application to the corresponding DD program, but may apply to other DD programs of other varying countries.
- Students who receive TaiwanICDF scholarship or Taiwan Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the DD program.
- If you plan to apply for the Exchange Program (either college level or school level), please do NOT apply for the Dual Degree program. If you are found duly application, IMBA office will not nominate you to the partner school.
At Start of Dual Degree Program (September 2019):
Have successfully completed the equivalent of a minimum of 20 credits during their first Master year at IMBA (24 credits required for ESCP Europe and Mannheim Business School)
2. Study Results
Both IMBA and its Dual Degree partner schools require the best qualified students. Applicants must have satisfactory academic results by application deadline. Students are eligible to apply for the Dual Degree Program when their minimum average weighted IMBA grade of first year study is 85 (out of 100).
Please note: In mid-July, the Program Manager will check whether students have fulfilled required credits and the required average grade. Not completing the required credits or failing to achieve the required average grade will lead to the cancellation of student participation.
3. Language Proficiency
All applicants for the Dual Degree Program must show proof of the required language level. The following applicants will be judged as having met this standard:
- Applicants whose native language is English
- Applicants who have received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from US universities and selected other universities in English-speaking countries
All other applicants must take either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum standards for test scores that IMBA accepts are:
- TOEFL – a total score of 90 points on the Internet based test or 575 points for the paper delivered test
- IELTS – a score of 6.5
Some partner schools (especially HHL, Audencia, and emlyon) might require higher language level. Check for the required level the section with information about each partner school. Language certificates should be no older than 2 years at the time of application.
On the application form, students are asked to fill in a first and second choice partner school. If a student is not selected for their first school and want to be considered for the second school, they must meet the language requirements of the second school at the time of application.
Students are exempted from an English, German, or French test if the language concerned is their native language.
4. Individual Study Plan
The individual study plan should comprise:
- your interest in the specific degree program(s)
- your reasons for selecting the partner university
- how your current studies and the proposed program(s) correspond
- qualities and aspects of your experience, background, etc. that qualify you for this program
- possible thesis subject related to the dual degree program
5. Other Important Criteria
- International orientation: are you open-minded and internationally orientated?
- Profile: are you mature, independent; can you adapt yourself to a new country and culture; do you show responsibility?
The application and selection procedure consists of the following steps:
1. Preparation before Application
- Read the information on this Dual Degree website intently;
- Go through the websites of the Dual Degree partner schools for information on the schools, the study programs and courses on offer
- Study reports of former NCCUC / IMBA exchange students on http://outgoing.iep.nccu.edu.tw/e-paper
2. Available Dual Degree Slots
- IMBA offers around 14-15 students the possibility to obtain two Master’s Degrees;
- Each Dual Degree partner school has a maximum number of IMBA students they can admit. Please check the relevant section.
3. Application and Deadline
- Submit an application form with the required attachments in duplicate. Download the form here.
- Deadline for application is 5pm, February 22, 2019 (strictly implemented), at the Program Manager in room 050406 (Yi-Xian Building Room 406). Two paper-copies of applications, including all required documents, must be received by the Program Manager no later than the deadline. Fill in the school of your first choice, and the master program.
- We also ask for an alternative school, as a backup. Be aware that if you want to be eligible for this second school, you will have to meet the corresponding requirements by this second school at the time of application.
4. Application Documents
The application file must include TWO paper copies of each of the following. Please attach the enclosures in this order to your application form.
- Printed and signed application form
- Current CV or resume (max. 2 pages) in English
- Individual study plan (max. 3 pages) in English
- Valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate
- Most recent official English transcript of grades at IMBA
- Two recommendations completed by two IMBA faculty members (required if you apply for HHL and GEM)
- GMAT score (required if you apply for HHL)
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate (required if you apply for HHL)
- Further proof of language proficiency
*Please note that incomplete application forms will not be considered.
5. Selection on Paper
- The initial selection is based on your application. Candidates who do not make it to the selection interviews are notified by email by the end of February 2019.
6. Selection Interviews
- Qualified students will be invited to an interview for the final selection.
- The candidates are invited for personal/group interviews of around 15-20 minutes (subject to change) with the IMBA Dual Degree Selection Committee on March 4, 2019 (subject to change). The committee consists of the Director of the IMBA Program and other faculty members.
- Within 2 weeks after the last interview, the Program Manager will inform all interviewees about the outcome. The selected students will hear for what destination they have been selected.
- The evaluation is based on a combination of following criteria: academic result (30%), application documents (30%), selection interview (40%).
8. Selected Candidates
- Applicants who have been selected for the Dual Degree program will be contacted per email. As soon as selected students have confirmed participation through the Statement of Acceptance in the Dual Degree Program and pay the deposit of NT$20,000**, the files of the selected students will be sent to the partner universities. They will have a look at your application and hopefully confirm your admission.
** The deposit will be returned after you fulfill the following obligations:
1. Complete the dual degree program and obtain both NCCU’s and partner school’s diplomas.
2. Hand in a qualified dual degree report.
3. Participate in the International Day, Study Abroad Fair or any promotional events held by the partner school to introduce Taiwan, NCCU or IMBA.
4. Participate in the Dual Degree Information Session, IMBA Information Session or any promotional events held by IMBA or OIP to share double degree experiences with IMBA members or candidates.
- All of the host universities require students submit applications in their online system. Please do it after IMBA office officially nominates you to that university and complete it before their deadline.
- Admission to the Dual Degree Programs is only final once both the IMBA and the partner university have given their approval. The partner university has a final say in the acceptance process. After the confirmation of the partner school, IMBA students are officially considered Dual Degree Program students.
1. Nomination at Host University
After the confirmation of the partner schools, from that moment on you can send all your questions directly to the contact person of that university. Completion of forms, taking care of accommodation, respecting deadlines, etc are your own responsibilities.
Double degree students shall be responsible for obtaining visas and completing required immigration formalities, and for obtaining the travel documents and other related documents needed to pursue the double degree program.
Please be aware that processing time for a student visa to Germany is up to three months.
2. Update Your Student File
- Until the program abroad starts, all selected students should update their personal student files (at the Program Manager) with grades and language test results obtained after the selection round.
- In mid-July, the Program Manager will check whether you have fulfilled required credits (24 credits for ESCP Europe and Mannheim Business School and 20 credits for other schools) and the required average grade (a minimum of 85). Not completing your required credits or failing to achieve the required average grade will lead to the cancellation of your participation. Students shall assume full responsibility for the entire process. National Chengchi University and the IMBA program will not be held liable for any loss of information or documentation or result in cancellation of a student’s eligibility for the Dual Degree Program.
3. Cancellation Policy
Being selected for an academic period abroad means that a student is aware of his/her rights and duties which participation in the Dual Degree Program implies.
Report any cancellation to Program Manager!
In the event of illness, poor study results or unforeseen circumstances not allowing a student to participate in the Dual Degree Program, please inform (both verbally and in writing) the Program Manager at the IMBA at the earliest possible moment. If a student is present at the partner university and not able to continue the Dual Degree Program for any reason, please also contact the program coordinator there.
The exchange of Dual Degree students is an expensive affair and time-consuming process at both the home and host university. Please note that withdrawal from an allocated study place at the partner university will create a vacancy that cannot be allocated to another student.
1. Hand in Dual Degree Report
As part of the dual degree program, all outgoing DD students at IMBA are required to report to the IMBA Program on the following criteria:
- Preparation (planning, organizing and applying at the host institution) and arrival
- Which bureaucracy procedures needed to be taken care of in order to receive a visa and residence permit? (Including costs)
- Accommodation (cost, lodging in general, etc.)
- Studying at the host institution
- University (courses offered, level of courses, exam types, etc.)
- Class periods, structure of the academic year (semester system, trimester system, etc.)
- Campus life (cost, canteen, working opportunities, etc.)
- Language proficiency level, language courses offered at the host institution
- Everyday life and leisure time
- Cost of living (in general and compared to life in Taiwan), finances
- Culture shock experiences, if relevant
- The dos and don’ts in the host country
- Climate / weather
- Leisure opportunities, travel tips
- City and surrounding area
- Conclusion (best and worst experience; would you study there again?)
- Minimum: 4 pages.
- All reports must be in English.
- Expected date for submission: end of the study abroad period.
- Format: .doc or .pdf
- Submission of the report is a prerequisite for a credit transfer to the student’s home program.
2. Apply for credit transfer and pay IMBA credit fees
- Students should complete the Credit Exemption Procedure (出國選課學分抵免申請) as soon as they come back to Taiwan. Please fill out the form “抵免學分申請表”（File link: http://aca.nccu.edu.tw/p1-link_download.asp –> 選課及學分類申請–>出國交換選課抵免學分申請表）and hand in the form to IMBA office with your official transcripts of records in partner university.
- Please pay the credit fees in cash at the Cashier Section of NCCU according to the number of credits you transfer back to NCCU.
Office of IMBA Program (Room 406 Yi-Xian Building)
College of Commerce
National Chengchi University
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 ext. 65410