HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management is a university-level private business school with the right to award doctoral and post-doctoral degrees. It was established over 120 years ago on the initiative of Leipzig merchants and continues to follow in this tradition by training tomorrow’s entrepreneurially-minded and sustainably-oriented leaders and entrepreneurs. HHL was the first private German business school to be accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) in 2004 and was able to renew this status for the fourth time just recently. The Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft ranked HHL as the best university for entrepreneurship in Germany for the fourth time in a row in 2018. Over the last 20 years, HHL graduates have founded more than 280 startup businesses which have created over 20,000 jobs.
In this 100% English taught program and rated No. 1 in Germany for Business Administration, participants can earn the internationally recognized degree – Master of Science in Management (M.Sc.) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) from one of the world’s oldest schools. Both programs require 120 ECTS credits. Financial Times has ranked HHL’s full-time M.Sc. Program as No. 24 worldwide. (Financial Times Masters in Management 2019 Ranking)
Courses for exchange students: https://www.hhl.de/experience/international/incomings/
Outline for IMBA Students:
Participating students are required to fulfill the graduate requirements of both institutions to obtain the master’s degree. Each institution will honor core courses that are completed at the other. Students will stay one academic year at HHL. They have to take 60 out of 120 credits, usually within three quarters out of six. Course selection is under the responsibility of HHL, according to the prior academic progress of the individual student.
Nominated Students must meet the following requirements or documentation:
- Have enrolled in the IMBA program and satisfied the program’s core requirements.
Note: We strongly suggest that you take 22 credits during year 1 at IMBA.
- GMAT score of 600 or GRE score of 1200
- Minimum acceptable TOEFL score is 90 (HHL preferred score is 100) or IELTS 7.0
* The language requirement of TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS 7.0 could be waived only if you are a citizen of these countries or have a completed undergraduate degree from these countries: USA, Canada (without Quebec), UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
- MSc-program requires an undergraduate degree in business; for MBA-program, any undergraduate degree is acceptable.
- MBA program requires a minimum work experience of three years.
Selection of IMBA students
Selected students will be reviewed by HHL upon completing a formal application to HHL within the application period deadline. The recommended selected IMBA students will be interviewed by a representative from HHL at IMBA. If interviews are not possible, two academic letters of recommendation are required.
- A mandatory internship is included in the HHL MSc program curriculum.
- According to HHL’s policy, the master thesis must be written at the home university. However, students will still write thesis at HHL in practice but not under their supervision, and not for credits. Students will need to defend the thesis at IMBA in Taiwan.
- The MSc can be started in April or September. The MBA program starts in January; a start in April or September is possible on request.
- Please be aware that processing time for a student visa is up to three months. Do NOT apply for a tourist visa; it cannot be changed into a residence permit.
Number of Seats
Master of Science in Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA)