In this 100% English taught program, participants can earn the internationally recognized degree – Master of Science in Management (M.Sc.) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) from one of the world’s oldest schools. Both programs require 120 ECTS credits. Financial Times has ranked HHL’s full-time M.Sc. Program as No. 21 worldwide. (Financial Times Masters in Management 2016 Ranking)
Outline for IMBA Students:
Participating students are required to fulfill the graduate requirements of both institutions to obtain the master’s degree. Each institution will honor core courses that are completed at the other. Students will stay one academic year at HHL. They have to take 60 out of 120 credits, usually within three quarters out of six. Course selection is under the responsibility of HHL, according to the prior academic progress of the individual student.
Nominated Students must meet the following requirements or documentation:
- Have enrolled in the IMBA program and satisfied the program’s core requirements.
- GMAT score of 600
- Minimum acceptable TOEFL score is 90 (HHL preferred score is 100) or IELTS 7.0
* The language requirement of TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS 7.0 could be waived only if you are a citizen of these countries or have a completed undergraduate degree from these countries: USA, Canada (without Quebec), UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
- MSc-program requires an undergraduate degree in business; for MBA-program, any undergraduate degree is acceptable.
- MBA program requires a minimum work experience of three years.
Selection of IMBA students
Selected students will be reviewed by HHL upon completing a formal application to HHL within the application period deadline. The recommended selected IMBA students will be interviewed by a representative from HHL at IMBA. If interviews are not possible, two academic letters of recommendation are required.
- A mandatory internship is included in the HHL MSc program curriculum.
- According to HHL’s policy, the master thesis must be written at the home university. However, you will still write thesis at HHL in practice but not under their supervision, and not for credits. You will need to defend the thesis at IMBA in Taiwan.
- The MSc can be started in April or September. The MBA program starts in January; a start in April or September is possible on request.
- Please be aware that processing time for a student visa is up to three months. Do NOT apply for a tourist visa; it cannot be changed into a residence permit.
Number of Seats
Master of Science in Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA)