(First Selection Process 2017 – 2019)
Double Degree Schedule
IMBA year: 2017-2018
Exchange at partner school year: Fall 2018-2019 (completion depending on the partner school)
August 10th, 2017 17.00h (strictly implemented), at the Program Manager in room 050406 (Yi-Xian Building Room 406)
1. Study in IMBA
Application (August 2017):
To be qualified to apply for a dual-degree program, you need to be 2017-entered IMBA students who enrolled in your first year study of IMBA 2017 Fall semester and 2018 Spring semester.
- Because of the international focus of the Dual Degree program, students who come from the country of the partner school are not eligible for application to the corresponding DD program, but may apply to other DD programs of other varying countries.
- Students who receive TaiwanICDF scholarship or Taiwan Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the DD program.
- If you plan to apply for the Exchange Program (either college level or school level), please do NOT apply for the Dual Degree program. If you are found duly application, IMBA office will not nominate you to the partner school.
At Start of Dual Degree Program (September 2018):
Have successfully completed the equivalent of a minimum of 24 credits
2. Study Results
Both IMBA and its Dual Degree partner schools require the best qualified students. Applicants must have satisfactory academic results by application deadline. Students are eligible to apply for the Dual Degree Program when their minimum average weighted IMBA grade of first year study is 85 (out of 100).
Please note: In mid-July 2018, the Program Manager will check whether students have fulfilled required credits and the required average grade. Not completing the required credits or failing to achieve the required average grade will lead to the cancellation of student participation.
3. Language Proficiency
All applicants for the Dual Degree Program must show proof of the required language level. The following applicants will be judged as having met this standard:
- Applicants whose native language is English
- Applicants who have received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from US universities and selected other universities in English-speaking countries
All other applicants must take either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum standards for test scores that partner schools accept are:
- TOEFL – a total score of 600 points for the written test or 250 for the computer-based version or 100 points on the Internet based test
- IELTS – a score of 7.0
Language certificates should be no older than 2 years at the time of application.
4. Individual Study Plan
The individual study plan should comprise:
- your interest in the specific degree program(s)
- your reasons for selecting the partner university
- how your current studies and the proposed program(s) correspond
- qualities and aspects of your experience, background, etc. that qualify you for this program
- possible thesis subject related to the dual degree program
5. Other Important Criteria
- International orientation: are you open-minded and internationally orientated?
- Profile: are you mature, independent; can you adapt yourself to a new country and culture; do you show responsibility?
The application and selection procedure consists of the following steps:
1. Preparation before Application
- Read the information on this Dual Degree website intently;
- Go through the websites of the Dual Degree Partner Schools for information on the schools, the study programs and courses on offer
- Study reports of former CNCCU / IMBA exchange students on http://outgoing.iep.nccu.edu.tw/e-paper
2. Available Dual Degree Slots
- IMBA offers around 2 students the possibility to obtain two Master’s Degrees at this stage;
- Each Dual Degree partner school has a maximum number of IMBA students they can admit. Please check the relevant section.
3. Application and Deadline
- Submit an application form with the required attachments in duplicate. Download the form here.
- Deadline for application is August 10th, 2017 17.00h (strictly implemented), at the Program Manager in room 050406 (Yi-Xian Building Room 406). Two paper-copies of applications, including all required documents, must be received by the Program Manager no later than the deadline.
4. Application Documents
The application file must include TWO paper copies of each of the following. Please attach the enclosures in this order to your application form.
- Printed and signed application form
- Current CV or resume (max. 2 pages) in English
- Individual study plan (max. 3 pages) in English
- Valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate
- Most recent official transcript of grades at Bachelor or/and Master level in English
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate
- Further proof of language proficiency
- ESCP applicants also have to submit your application in ESCP’s system in the link: aurion.escpeurope.eu two weeks before the joint interview.
*Please note that incomplete application forms will not be considered.
5. Selection on Paper
- The initial selection is based on your application. Candidates who do not make it to the selection interviews are notified by email by the end of August 2017.
6. Selection Interviews
- Qualified students will be invited to an interview for the final selection.
- ESCP candidates are invited for SKYPE interviews of around 15-20 minutes (subject to change) in early Sept., 2017 (The exact date will be announced in early August). Panel consists of at least one representative from ESCP and CNCCU. The panel will interview each applicant via videoconference/SKPYE and award a mark for the oral interview. Topic of conversation will be applicant’s motivation for the preferred partner university, interest in the destination, the chosen master program, the individual DD study program proposal, action ability, international orientation, communication skills, personal qualities and professional project.
7. Selected Candidates
- Applicants who have been selected for the Dual Degree program will be contacted per email. As soon as selected students have confirmed participation through the Statement of Acceptance in the Dual Degree Program, the files of the selected students will be sent to the partner universities. They will have a look at your application and hopefully confirm your admission.
- Admission to the Dual Degree Programs is only final once both the IMBA and the partner university have given their approval. The partner university has a final say in the acceptance process. After the confirmation of the partner school, IMBA students are officially considered Dual Degree Program students.
1. Nomination at Host University
After the confirmation of the partner schools, from that moment on you can send all your questions directly to the contact person of that university. Completion of forms, taking care of accommodation, respecting deadlines, etc are your own responsibilities.
Double degree students shall be responsible for obtaining visas and completing required immigration formalities,and for obtaining the travel documents and other related documents needed to pursue the double degree program.
2. Update Your Student File
- Until the program abroad starts, all selected students should update their personal student files (at the Program Manager) with grades and language test results obtained after the selection round.
- In mid-July 2018, the Program Manager will check whether you have fulfilled required credits (24 credits for ESCP Europe and Mannheim Business School and 20 credits for other schools) and the required average grade (a minimum of 85). Not completing your required credits or failing to achieve the required average grade will lead to the cancellation of your participation. Students shall assume full responsibility for the entire process. National Chengchi University and the IMBA program will not be held liable for any loss of information or documentation or result in cancellation of a student’s eligibility for the Dual Degree Program.
3. Cancellation Policy
Being selected for an academic period abroad means that a student is aware of his/her rights and duties which participation in the Dual Degree Program implies.
Report any cancellation to Program Manager!
In the event of illness, poor study results or unforeseen circumstances not allowing a student to participate in the Dual Degree Program, please inform (both verbally and in writing) the Program Manager at the IMBA at the earliest possible moment. If a student is present at the partner university and not able to continue the Dual Degree Program for any reason, also contact the program coordinator there.
The exchange of Dual Degree students is an expensive affair and time-consuming process at both the home and host university. Please note that withdrawal from an allocated study place at the partner university will create a vacancy that cannot be allocated to another student.
As part of the dual degree program, all outgoing DD students at IMBA are required to report to the IMBA Program on the following criteria:
- Preparation (planning, organizing and applying at the host institution) and arrival
- Which Bureaucracy procedures needed to be taken care of in order to receive a visa and residence permit? (Including costs)
- Accommodation (cost, lodging in general, etc.)
- Studying at the host institution
- University (courses offered, level of courses, exam types, etc.)
- Class periods, structure of the academic year (semester system, trimester system, etc.)
- Campus life (cost, canteen, working opportunities, etc.)
- Language proficiency level, language courses offered at the host institution
- Everyday life and leisure time
- Cost of living (in general and compared to life in Taiwan), finances
- Culture shock experiences, if relevant
- The dos and don’ts in the host country
- Climate / weather
- Leisure opportunities, travel tips
- City and surrounding area
- Conclusion (best and worst experience; would you study there again?)
- Minimum: 3 pages; Maximum: 15 pages.
- All reports must be in English.
- Expected date for submission: end of the study abroad period.
- Format: .doc or .pdf
- Submission of the report is a prerequisite for a credit transfer to the student’s home program.
Office of IMBA Program (Room 406 Yi-Xian Building)
College of Commerce
National Chengchi University
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 ext. 65410